Total knee replacement is necessary when the knee bone totally tears and wears out of friction due to rubbing against each other. There is a connective tissue called cartilage which wears out after a period of time. In most cases, the damage of cartilage happens during old age time. Recovering the phase of post-surgery is really challenging and cannot be surpassed without the help of doctors’ recommendation, quality surgery and ailment and family members.
First few days become difficult for the patient because doing the daily chores. But gradually things become easy and bearable and poof away like nothing was there. But it is really difficult to do all such intensive care round the clock. It can be frustrating and painful as well. So here surgivisor.com has brought a whole list of tips to recover your recent joint replacement surgery.
- Some Basic Tips
Opt for the best knee replacement hospital in Noida and India to get the most positive results. After the surgery, make sure your residence is accident-free to help yourself for a speedy recovery. For instance; you can install or prepare a recovery room at the basement of your house which has each and everything that you need. And the inclusions will be:
- pillows for your head and under your leg muscles for comfortable elevation
- near side commode or urinal space so that you don’t need to walk for long distances
- a low or medium floor bed
- ready made ice packs or hot bags for the knee
- a telephone or mobile with near side charging point
- day wise medicines are separated in a box which is easily accessible. They should be neatly arranged, easily identifiable and separated from each other.
- walker or crutches or any kind of supporting stick
- note pad or sticky notes to checkout what you have forgotten or to make a list of questions to ask at the time of arrival of the doctor
- a very loose and comfortable sleepwear in light colour
- comfortable shoes (slip on are mostly preferrable) that are safe for walking around the house in
- bandages for dressing changes
- linens that are clean, dry, and wrinkle-free
- appropriate toiletries
- remove items that are scattered on the floor and may cause a fall
- Medications At Proper Time
It’s very important to monitor the period between the medicines are taken otherwise there would be always a chance for them to be mixing up. You can also buy a daily medication dispenser and set an alarm clock to schedule your medical supplies. You’ll also need to monitor the wound for swelling and inflammation. Set a time for each of the day when you will monitor all these things.
- Help with Household Chores
Post surgery becomes hectic to several patients and daily household can become really difficult. Physical activities like long queue standings, stretching, or bending can be problematic for the patient. But you can do light chores such as washing half dozen of utensils or dusting.
- Keep a list of questions for medical professionals
Visit your surgeon, consult with him for a speedy recovery and extra precautions. It is very important to opt for the best surgeon for joint replacement surgery in Noida and India to get the best thing as the outcome.